MOHAVE ACCELERATED SCHOOLS
PARENTVUE USE AGREEMENT
ParentVUE is a means for a parent/guardian of a Mohave Accelerated student to access education records of their student through a secured Internet site. All parents/guardians who wish to use ParentVUE must comply with the terms and conditions in this Agreement.
A. Rights and Responsibilities
Access to ParentVUE is a free service offered to all current parents/guardians of Mohave Accelerated students. Access to student information through ParentVUE is a privilege, not a right. A parent/guardian will be authorized to activate a ParentVUE account only after a family has enrolled their student in the Mohave Accelerated Schools . Once a student withdraws or graduates, access to that student's education records will be inactivated. Parents/guardians and their student must practice proper and ethical use of ParentVUE and all other Internet sites and databases relating to the Mohave Accelerated Schools .
The parent/guardian will need a properly configured computer with Internet service to use ParentVue. ParentVUE is designed to be user friendly. However, the District cannot promise optimal access for all users and, due to limited resources, cannot offer personal troubleshooting service if there are difficulties connecting to or using ParentVUE.
B. Responsibility for Information Accuracy
Information accuracy is the joint responsibility between schools and parents/guardians. The school will make every attempt to ensure information is accurate and complete. The parent/guardian should check their student's personal and contact information periodically to confirm that everything remains accurate. If changes are needed, please notify the secretary of the school that the student attends. Questions about attendance may be addressed to the school office, and questions about grades should be addressed to the student's teacher.
C. Use of ParentVUE
Parents/guardians and their student are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
D. Limitation of School Liability
- Parents/guardians must act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner.
- Parents/guardians must not attempt to harm or destroy the data or networks of the school or District.
- Parents/guardians must not attempt to access information or any account assigned to another user.
- Parents/guardians must not use this Internet site for any illegal activity, including violation of federal and state data privacy laws.
- Parents/guardians who identify a security problem within the ParentVUE site should notify their school immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
- Parents/guardians must not share their password with anyone, including their student.
- Parents/guardians must not set their computer to automatically login to the ParentVUE site.
- Parents/guardians identified as a security risk will be denied access to the site.
- Parents who have joint legal custody of their student but live apart may each activate a separate ParentVUE account. A non-custodial parent may activate a separate ParentVUE account. However, a non-custodial parent will not be permitted electronic access to contact information (telephone, address) of the sole custody parent and emergency contacts for the student.
Mohave Accelerated Schools will use reasonable measures to protect student information from unauthorized viewing. The school is not responsible for financial obligations arising through unauthorized use of ParentVUE, the school's computer system, or the Internet. The school will not be responsible for actions taken by the parent/guardian that compromises their student's information. The District reserves the right to limit or terminate ParentVUE for viewing student information without notice. All parents/guardians who use ParentVUE to access their student's education records consent to electronic monitoring and understand that this is a private network used as an educational tool by Mohave Accelerated Schools employees. ParentVUE account activity is electronically recorded.